On startup in a Windows PC if you get “The specified module not found … BackgroundContainer.dll”, this is what to do step-by-step.
The error is most likely caused by a computer virus infection so you must clean your system first…
1. Download ComboFix: ComboFix from Bleeping Computer and save it to your desktop.
2. Restart your computer in ‘Safe Mode’ (hit the F8 repeatedly as soon as the computer starts and select “safe mode with networking”
3. Run ComboFix in ‘safe mode’ (if you are on a Windows XP computer it may prompt you to install the Windows Recovery Console, this is normal) and let it finish all 50 stages.
4. After ComboFix has finished scanning restart your computer normally.
5. Download AutoRuns AutoRuns from Microsoft Technet (it is in a .zip file)
6. Extract AutoRuns from the .zip file to your deskstop and double-click autoruns.exe, this will launch AutoRuns.
7. In AutoRuns, select the “everything” tab in the main window, then go to “File” / “Find” and enter BackgroundContainer.dll in the dialog box.
8. Right-click on the BackgroundContainer.dll entry that AutoRun finds and select “delete”
9. Restart your computer.
This should resolve the annoying BackgroundContainer.dll startup error. Good luck!